The Oxford Cambridge Corridor Economic Growth Conference, in association with Bouygues Energies & Services, took place on the 21st June 2018 in Milton Keynes. The region’s business and public sector leaders came together to discuss and debate the key business themes and opportunities for growth.
Attendees heard keynotes from public and private sector leaders before panel discussions took place, focusing on the key areas and topics on the corridor development. The conference was supported by the National Infrastructure Commission, England’s Economic Heartland, regional authorities and more.
The following topics were discussed at the conference:
- Industrial Strategy – how do we build a Britain that is fit for the future, and how do we utilise new technologies to ensure that we capitalise on the opportunities the ARC Corridor will bring?
- Skills – how do we develop the skills for the future to ensure the economy can grow, and what skills are they?
- Housing – how do we deliver housing targets and free up more space?
- Infrastructure – what is the transport strategy and how do we develop it to drive economic growth whilst becoming more energy efficient?
- Economy – how will we deliver the Strategic Economic Plan and grow the economy around the corridor through the improved connectivity?